Saturday, October 9, 2010

Garter Stitch Baby Blankets


A fun thing to make on the Knitting Machine is a baby blanket. I have lots of patterns for baby blankets, both for the garter carriage & in tuck or fairisle patterns, lined & unlined. They are the perfect baby gift. And something that you made yourself is always fun to give. While my DIL was expecting JR she made blankets for him from a super wash wool that is King Cole DK. The blankets are non-itchy & light weight but warm. I buy the King Cole yarn from the US supplier in Seattle WA. For a while I carried it in my store, but I am sooo busy with my diaper covers, KnitKnacks for Baby, I just didn't have the time to continue with it.


I have 2 KG 93 Garter Carriages, & on one of them, the turn around cam is going out. I checked with Knit & Sew World to repair & rebuild it & he says around $350. It has a lot of wear on it & I wouldn't want to just fix the turn around cam & not rebuild the whole machine as parts are getting hard to find. In the future parts might not be available to fix it at all. I have heard some negative things about this web site , but my experience with it has been positive. I did buy another GC from him for my punchcard machine & am very happy with it. I have mentioned several other knitting shops that are equally as good such as Needle-Tek & KnitKNack Shop.


All the workers are gone & the house looks great. I bit spendy but well worth it. Now, hope I won't have to do that again for a while!!

4 comments:

Monique said...

I love that pattern!

Sheryl Evans said...

It is from Charlene Schafers book "Babes in Garter Stitch Baby Blankets #2" Thx

Tejidos Turki said...

I love this pattern! Your blog is very interesting for the knitters. I'm peruvian and is difficult for me to write in English. Sorry! I join to your blog.
Un Abrazo!
Pilar
If you want to see my blog is tejidosturki.blogspot.com

Sheryl Evans said...

Thank you for being so kind. I am going to your blog to see it. ;-)