Saturday, July 17, 2010


We had such a nice day today that it was a pleasure to be outside. Here in Western Washington we get more than our fair share of rain. I'm not complaining, but sunny days are nice too.


This is a Garter Carriage sweater that I made for my DIL. It is a sport weight yarn. Millor Piropo that is just right for our rainy weather. It is a cut & sew round neckline with drop shoulder sleeves. Usually for GC or Fairisle sweaters I use cut & sew as it is sooo much easier that doing decrease on the pattern. Most of my sweaters are made from Piropo as it seems to be the perfect weight for this area. I do also use other weights of yarn like worsted or fingering but Piropo is my favorite. My DIL is from a warmer climate & misses all the sunny days that she had at home.

No comments: