Sunday, September 26, 2010

Garter Carriage Sweater for Me!!


It seems that I am always knitting for someone else. Either one of my charities, or kids, or g'kids etc. I have bins full of Trenzado in my garage that I use for them. Now I decided to make some things for myself as it has been a while since I've made anything for me. Millor yarns wear like iron. I can't remember one actually wearing out, altho occasionally one of the kids will snag a thread & pull it out. Usually I can fix it so it isn't a major catastrophe. (Millor has D'cd it's yarn) I like my sweaters to be hip length & looser fit. I know the sweater in the pix looks huge but it isn't. I just have a very small dress form for pix. It is a size 42" with a comfortable sizing, pattern worked up with KnitWear. I have had Breast Cancer so like all my clothes to have a higher neck as the surgeon went up to my collar bone to remove the affected tissues. This is pattern 489 for the GC in the Stitch World book. It is a cut & sew neck with half length sleeves. I do have Designa Knit 7 but unfortunately haven't learned it as well as I should. I have the 5 books by Tricia Schaffer from the KnitKnacks Shop that is a beginner course on DAK, & am slowly working my way thru it. I say slowly because I have had it for a couple of years & just haven't buckled down & studied it like I should.






I am worried about my Brother 965i. Lately when I use the GC it works fine for a while, then the GC light that is on the machine goes out as the GC is moving from right to left. Then the GC starts to mis-pattern. It has happen several times now. I am going to talk to Jerry at Needletek & see if he has any ideas about what is going on with it.






The construction workers are still here painting & patching. We had a leaky roof so the ceiling in the kitchen had to be replaced. It has rained the last few days so they haven't been able to finish painting the outside yet, but the house is looking better every day!!



No comments: