Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Sweater for My Daughter


This is a swatch for a wool sweater for my daughter. It is going to be a scoop neck & long sleeves. For those of you with a GC it is pattern #483.The wool is King Cole DK Superwash. This wool can be machine washed on gentle & then dried flat. I wash these with Eucalan & usually wait 'til I have enough for a full load. My daughter doesn't like to hand Wash anything so this is a good yarn for her. We both have drying racks from Wal-Mart(where else) that we use to hang & dry this wool on. It is a soft wool that is not scratchy or irritating. I knit it on Tension 8 on the GC. It makes up into a very warm sweater. I have used this yarn to make up the 'Dutch Fisherman's Sweater' & it is beautiful if I do say so myself. I will get a pix of it so that I can post it in another post. I do love this yarn.
We are having some work done on the house. We decided to paint & found a window that is about ready to fall out so need to get that fixed ASAP. The crew is coming tomorrow to start work & hopefully it won't take too long to fix. The window that is bad is the one in my knitting room so I won't be able to go in there 'til they are finished. Then we are having the house painted . It will be white with blue trim. We have paid this house off twice, but have had to borrow against it for repairs.
Also, had the car in the shop for repairs. We had a very hot summer for this area of the country & my AC went out. I am thinking about buying a new car in the next few months but am waiting to see if business picks up any.

4 comments:

Susie said...

I just found your blog and am following it. :)
I have an old Bond Incredible Sweater Machine and haven't touched it in a few years. Might want to get back into it and hopefully you will give me inspiration. :)
Susie

Sheryl Evans said...

I luv machine knitting & will do my best to be an inspiration for you. Years ago I had a plastic bed machine that I bought from an infomercial on TV. That was my first knitting machine. It would knit nothing but stockingette but I made many things with it before I bought my first metal bed machine. Thx Sheryl

Bella said...

I've just found your blog too, and am now following it as well!
I really appreciate having a comment on the feel and wear/wash of a yarn.
I might just give this King Cole DK Superwash a try!!

Sheryl Evans said...

It is an awesome yarn to work with. Beautiful for the GC. Thx