Saturday, May 5, 2012

Intarsia Carriage

I have been wanting to do intarsia on my Silver Reed SK860. While looking on the web I found an article about the AG 40 intarsia carriage for the SK860. I thought 'Good!! There is one,' however I was unable to actually find one for sale. Or even a picture of one. 

I posted a 'wanted' ad on the machine knitting for sale lists. I received one reply that there was not an AG40, but that the AG30 would work with the SK860. It is for a bulky machine but the needles are the same size except for a very tiny difference in the hook size. I'm thinking that, if that is correct it will work on my machine. 

After searching on the web I was able to find a very over priced AG30.  But I went ahead & bought it & am now waiting for it to come. It was at Peter Smith's shop in CA so will probably have to pay custom fees when it gets here. Whew!! But if it works it will be worth the expense. 

Afghans For Afghans


The A4A program is starting a new campaign.  They want 100% wool hats, mittens, & socks. Be sure & go to their web site to read all the details. The link is on the left of my blog. No sweaters or vests this time around. I really did like making the sweaters the best. 

Erik & Erika


He will be 2 in June & she will be 1 in August. 






2 comments:

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the intarsia carriage!

Barb

Sheryl Evans said...

I am sooo excited!! I can't wait for it to get here. I was able to find tons of free intarsia patterns on the web & some of them are excellent. I did print some out already so when it arrives I am ready to go!! S