Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Beloved Cat

I accidentally  ran over my cat today, & am just devastated about it. She was 17 years old & in good health. When I come home in the afternoon she is always waiting for me on the porch. She evidently walked off the porch & sat down in front of the car & I didn't know it. I felt the car go over her & immediately jumped out to get her but she ran from me. I hurried into the house to call the vet & see if he was still at the office. He was & he said to get her in as fast as I can, but when I grabbed a towel to wrap her in & went back out she was dead. I am just wracked with guilt & heartbroken at the same time. She was my best friend. I miss her completely. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that you can somehow forgive yourself and know that she had 17 wonderful years with you.

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

Oh dear....how very heartbreaking! I am truly sorry this has happened. Accidents do happen, and this was an accident, so please try not to feel guilty.

Barb

Bibbi said...

I'm so sorry. This must be one of the worst thing you can get thrue.

Sheryl Evans said...

Thank you to all for your kindness. S