Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Lace Romper Finished
I have finished the little lace romper. I went from the pattern mostly, but I did change a couple of things. I liked the puffy sleeves. I think that they are what makes the romper so cute. I wanted my sleeves to be more puffy tho, so I gathered them at the shoulder as well as at the cuff. Other than that I pretty much followed the pattern except for changing the gauge. I had some bright yellow snaps but decided to go with the pale yellow as I thought they looked better. I didn't put any elastic in the cuff of the leg because I didn't think they needed it. I was worried about the armbands because they seemed very tight. I measured them & they were only 6" wide. I lightly blocked the romper but for the sleeve cuffs I really hit it hard with the steam & stretched them out. Now they are about 7.5" so think it will be okay. I did leave a note to myself on the pattern to make the sleeve looser next time.
The pattern is from Machine Knitting News Baby Collection Vol 1.
Back to the Grindstone. More orders to fill.