Sunday, May 22, 2011

Circular Sock Knitting Machine

I love to make socks!! I make them on the flat bed as well as on my circular sock knitting machine. CSM.

 I bought a CSM from Angora Valley. That is Pat Fly's web site & she sells a variety of sock yarns & machines. It took a while for me to get the hang of it, but I stuck to it , & finally I was able to make a decent sock.

 My wool is Cascades Simply Socks. 75% wool & 25% nylon.I make lighter weight socks out of it.  I also like to use Patons Kroy, for the winter time. It does get chilly here in the winter & woolie socks make all the difference.  

I only have a couple of orders left. When I finish them I am going to make some more rompers for summer.

It doesn't take a lot of yarn to make one of these. If you have partial cones of yarn leftover from other projects, baby rompers as well as scrappies are a good way to use them up. Depending on the size & style it only takes about 5 oz of fingering weight yarn to make one. They don't have to be all one color either. Stripes or contrasting trim work well.  Babies love bright colors & the brighter the better. If you don't have a baby in the family, send them off to the womens shelter. Or take them to the police station. They will deliver them to the shelter.

I am sticking to my New Years resolution to not buy any more yarn until I use up some of the yarn I have. I do forget that sometimes & think about buying this or that. I don't go into my friends yarn store & she missed me. She called to find out if I was ill since I hadn't been in for sooo long. LOL I am doing my best tho, so am making progress reducing my stash. I am not going to sell it, or give it away. I am going to continue to knit acrappies & other shelter items, mittens, hats etc., until it is at least reduced.  

No comments: