Friday, May 6, 2011

New Pattern for Baby Romper

Here is a pattern for a lacy romper. I think it might work out for the new baby girl. It is similar to the last one I made but has gathered leg bands instead of elastic. I like the gathered sleeves too. I think that would look cute on her. I am going to make it from Millor Andino in a peachy color. I am debating on the front closures, either snaps or buttons. Mom's tell me the snaps are so much easier than trying to button baby up while they are squirming around.

I haven't had my lace carriage out for a while.


I have ordered a snap press. It should be here is a couple of weeks. I am just putting on so many snaps that I need something faster than pounding them on one at a time. It has several different dies that are available for different types & sizes of snaps. The store has lots of cute baby snaps that I would like to try at a later time.

When I bought my 'Knifty Knitter Looms' I received a little hook like the one pictured. It is very hard to use & makes my hands hurt. I decided to see if I could get something more sturdy & would last longer. I know the looms are just a fad but I want to use mine for longer than most people are interested in. I really enjoy loom knitting while watching TV so I went looking for another type of hook that could be adapted to work with the looms. I found this


It is a rug latch tool & much hardier than the one that came with the looms. I took pliers & pulled off the latch & straightened out the point some. It fits in my hand & hooks the yarn perfectly. I will be able to use it for a long time to come.  


4 comments:

Sew This N That said...

Oh I like the look of that baby romper, it will look great in peach....and maybe a lemon one?

*hugs* Heather x

Sheryl Evans said...

Yes, I am going to make a gauge swatch as soo as I can get to it. I am going to finish up a couple of UFO's before I get started on it.

Tathy e Bya said...

Muito obrigada Sheryl, pela visita!!!
fico muito feliz... saiba, que amo seu blog!!!
e volte sempre no meu!!!
beijocas, Tathy

Sheryl Evans said...

Thank You!!