Friday, April 29, 2011

More Summer Rompers

I have been going through some of my old Machine Knitting News magazines to find some more baby rompers to knit for the summer. I thought this one was cute so decided to make it. I am not going to do fairlisle as I think that would be too warm for summer in Southern California. I am going to make it in green with yellow trim using the Millor Andino. The picture of the romper with the fairisle is cute but looks like it has been over blocked & steamed to me. The armhole opening is flaring out & I don't like that look. I am going to make my armholes tighter. I only steam very lightly as I don't like a limp fabric for baby clothes. I want them stretchy & live. 
I was going to put buttons on it but then decided that snaps are so much easier with an active baby. The pattern calls for elastic in the legs & I think that will work out well. I am going to make the 12 month size.



I'm not sure what is wrong with blogger. Or it might be my computer, but nothing is working right. Other sites seem to be working okay. I can't get some of the features to work. It's weird.                        

                                  

No comments: