Thursday, April 7, 2011

Romper Waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Too Big

The romper turned out to be sooo big on J.R. that I am embarrassed to admit it. It is hard to remember just how small babies can be when you don't have one around for a while. The socks fit though. LOL  This is an 12-18 month size & he is 10 months so I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised that I was off by sooo much. He will grow into it.
I am working on a smaller size now. I am glad that I checked for size before I went off & knit a bunch of them & have them all be too big. I really wanted a picture of him standing up so I could see it better, but my son said they had been out to the lake all day & baby was tired & wanted to nap so they didn't push it.

We are having a GIRL in August. We are all so excited. My Dil is from a large family & wanted several children. The reality of what it costs to raise a child has hit them now & they say that they will settle for 2. At least for the time being. My DIL is a school teacher but is off work to have babies for a couple of years. She plans to go back to work when the new arrival is 2. Right now they are living on one income & are keeping to a strict budget.

I have been dieting & want to lose at least 30 pounds.  I seem to do okay during the day, but when night comes & I am not busy I start to think FOOD!!! Nothing special, just food in general. But I have lost 4 1/2 pounds in 2 weeks so maybe this time it will work out. I think this is the first time I have ever been so determined to lose. When I get the urge to eat I go into my knitting room & knit for awhile & that seems to take my mind off it for a while.  

No comments: