Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Some Machine Knitting History


Here is a picture of an old Knitting Machine. If anyone has any information about this machine I would be glad to post it. A blogger sent it to me, possibly thinking that I might know something about it.

A couple of years ago I bought the 'Knifty Knitter Looms' & have been making hats with them for family & friends. Also, children's hats for charity. These are the warmest ski hats that I've ever had. I like to sit & watch TV while I knit them in the evenings. They don't require a lot of thought. No counting stitches or rows, & they knit up fairly quickly. I use a chunky yarn that washes up well, so they don't need any special care. I have had a couple of pegs come out, but I just poke them back into the loom & am ready to knit. I always make a brim on all my hats. They are twice as warm as the hats without one. A good place to find yarn is at 'Discount Yarn Sale'  They sell by the bag & carry a wide variety of yarns.   
Round Loom/ Hook Tool 

No comments: