Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another Baby Romper

I have been working on the romper off & on all day. It is finished except for the elastic in the legs & the trim for the leg & sew the crotch up. After I get the leg openings done I am going to steam it very lightly. I don't want to kill the yarn. Just enough to smooth out the bands. I made my armhole bands & button bands shorter that the pattern stated because I did not want them to flare out like the ones in the picture. I want them to lie flat but close around the arm & front. The leg openings will be gathered some with the elastic & look really cute on baby I think.

It takes about 4-5 hours to make this romper. The pattern is from Machine Knitting News 1990 #5, patterns #24. It is made with Millor Andino in a size 12 months. I have lots more baby patterns & am going to be busy making them this summer for my 2 youngest g'kids. I have been so busy with orders & baby knitting that I have let my charity knitting get behind. I am going to get started on another scrappie as soon as I get this last order out.



Tathy e Bya said...

Lindo trabalho!!! amo verde
beijocas, Tathy

Sheryl Evans said...

Thank You! I like green too. I am going to make xeveral more rompers for this summer. S